Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 40 Ford

dencon

The AMT 40 Ford was about the 3rd model car I built. I loved it. It got me to fall in love with the real car. I have built this kit a few times. The first one I did just like it looked on the side box art. You remember the 80s version with the white box and the blue model. I still have that model in my case, but back in 2000 I built it again and came up with this.

Feb0716.jpg

I am getting ready to build this again. I just love those colors on that car. It is what always pops in my head whenever I think about a 40 Ford.

This is the one I built back in 1985

40fordolblue.jpg

They both have the optional Buick Nail Head engine. The 2000 build is fully wire and plumbed. The 1985 Built has just spark plug wires.........Made from "Thread". It was before I discovered MSC Model Products.

The best model ever cast in my opinion.

I love a 1940 Ford Coupe.

I have one on display and two in stash and will buy one when ever I see it.

I like the black and blue combination also.

Great builds.

Thanks guys,

Yea I have got two of the revell kits. Have not taken a crack at one yet. I am going to combined them. The convert with the Deluxe front end and the Coupe standard kit. I want to make a Deluxe Coupe. But just the simpleness (If that is a word) of the AMT and how the final product ends up. I just like that kit. Never a problem with building that kit.