Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford Panel Van

RickRollerLT1

This is the "Rides" kit which was a major disaster (though not as bad as the lindberger coupe).

I kept the headlights, but opened up the wheel wells because they were all molded in; and I made them wider so they would accumulate larger rollers i'd be putting on anyway. Added the "slammin' hammer" decals from the revell-o-gram '41 Chevy pick-up, some stripe decals on the fenders from a GTO street machine kit, and the "Ford deluxe" lettering form the Lindberger kit.

I shoehorned a HEMI in the bay' (was kinda a tight squeze) and used dual exhaust, I added an El camino suspension up front and a Mustang in the rear... Wheels are X-mods on the custom tires form the '86 Monte Carlo

Interior had the kits custom 'Stang seats and dashbord.

I did a 2-tone paint being the boby & fenders are seprate pieces; the top is Testors Star-spangled blue and the bottom is dutch boy sliver polished into a stardust aluminum metalic... Both are toped with future and lightly buffed.

Enjoy!

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

Forgot to mention this kit was AMT, but I figured everyone remembered the rides name amt kits used to carry.

Yeah, I know they screwed up even more by calling it "Woodie" rather than "Panel van"... though the whole thing had itty and bland lowridur wheels and they molded in the wheel wells on ALL the fenders, making it look like a land spped car rather than a lowrider (on mine anyways,)