Model Cars Magazine Forum

Robert Kubica

I don't think it is all that doomsday, he had a 7 hour operation and the doctors are positive, he is being kept in a coma, so his hand can relax a little.

They say that if his hand heals the way it should, it could take up to a year for complete healing and might be back in 2012 racing season, possibly earlier.

Wow he almost completely severed his hand. He will get be back to normal it will just take a while. So long as they got the blood flow back in time which is seems like they did he should be pretty well off. It's the nerve damage they won't find for months that could be the deciding factor in how long his recovery time is.

I guess anything is possible. Not only nearly having his arm severed, it took them well over an hour to get him out of the car.

They are planning another surgery, but has been responding well today. The limb appears to be stable and alive which was their first priority. That is a good sign. Their concern now is bleeding and infections.

Update on Robert Kubica.

He is alert and been talking when he hasn't been sedated.

They are planning a surgery on his broken shoulder, and then 3 4 days later another surgery on his elbow, then later another surgery on his right foot.

I know in rally racing they cancel the stage when something like this happens but it is nice to see other racers stopping to help even before they knew the stage would be canceled.

Really shows the sportsmanship and comradery that rally racers have.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Then even knew exactly who it was ....

The one guy that pulled up in the second car was saying "nooooo Robert." Then was asking the worker if he was hurt, how bad, etc. then gets out and tells the co-driver to hold the hand brake.

Update on Kubica.

Hard to say what exactly is going on. Conflicting reports over the weekend: His girl friend said on European TV that he has taken a turn for the worst. He was suppose to be moved out of ICU on the 10th but they say he is back in the ICU as a precaution for his upcoming operation scheduled for Wed on his elbow, which now has been pushed back until Thur.

Renault and his manager say his condition is positive considering the extent of his injuries.

Today the doctors said they were cautiously optimistic, but that was it. No other specifics on his condition or response to his girl friends comments.

I guess time will tell all.

Boy, I hate the legal and conflicting ###### and BS that comes out of Italy. Senna's death was a travesty, Berlusconi is a joke and lately the American girl in prison for murder. ---AND I'M ITALIAN!

I wish Robert was in John Hopkins or Columbia Presbyterian in USA...

Yeah it only took them something like 13 years to come down with a verdict in the Senna trials, which didn't mean anything at the end of the day because there was a 7 year 6 month statue of limitation.