Model Cars Magazine Forum

Putty Help

FreddyB.

Hello guys,

Just a quick question. What putty/tips/tricks do you guys use when removing scratches? I just have two light coats of primer on the body, and there are just two scratches i would like to remove. Any help is greatly appreciative :lol:

Thanks,

Freddy B.

The depth of the scratches usually dictate the filler required to make them disappear. If they are mild, a lighter putty like Tamiya basic putty or the red spot filler putty used on 1:1 body work(some of us older guys call it 'NitroStan,' after the original brand).

I wouldn't recommend using a high-fill primer, as it can also fill in stuff you need later on - like door panel lines and emblems.

The depth of the scratches usually dictate the filler required to make them disappear. If they are mild, a lighter putty like Tamiya basic putty or the red spot filler putty used on 1:1 body work(some of us older guys call it 'NitroStan,' after the original brand).

I wouldn't recommend using a high-fill primer, as it can also fill in stuff you need later on - like door panel lines and emblems.

Awesome thank you so much Dave. They are light scratches, so I think the Tamiya basic putty will work well, thanks again sir. Just a noob on his first build in a very long time lol, I'll have to post up some pics!

Freddy B.