Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 359 witha spread axle Fruehauf

This lil ride is my Peterbilt 359 with an AMT Reissued Fruehauf that I made into a spread axle.

The Peterbilt is painted metallic red with real vinyl striping and a painted drop visor to boot. Its modified with alittle bit of a stretch frame a big bumper made from styrene and chrome vinyl and quilted stainless deck plate.

The fruehauf was converted to a spread axle trailer and again I modified the rear of the trailer because I didnt care for the taillight buckets they give ya to put on.

post-6839-0-48084000-1299553588_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-04066100-1299553629_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-26611600-1299553682_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-69285300-1299553707_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-49689800-1299553731_thumb.jp

Anyways enjoy folks and all input is welcome and appreciated. Tell me what ya think.

hey thanks for the comment guys. The dayton 5 spokers are on there because at the original start of the build I was planning on making a BiModal Road Railer trailer. They came with 5 spoke daytons and had an aluminum pod in between the axles where they mounted the railwheels but I later ditched that idea because of the ridged siding on the trailer, the bimodals were a smooth beaded aluminum side.. My dad had bought one of these years ago and pulled it, pretty neat trailer but was just too heavy for what he was hauling. Oh and the landing gear is missing because that trailer and truck was taken out by a picture falling off my wall a week ago and i just got them fixed up again. I forgot to reattach the landing gear apparently haha.