Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ford Galaxie paint question

MY first car in 1973 was a 64 Galaxie. As we all know the only complete kit is a little to pricey for me and hard to find. So I have settled on the AMT Pro Shop curbside kit. But is is all wrong for my old car. It has bucket front seat and mine was a bench. I also has the wrong chrome side trim molded into the body. I hate the one piece chassis plate cause mine had air shocks and shackels and I could not easily lift the rear of solid chassis.

So I went ahead and got a 60 Starliner kit to put the 64 body it. This way I can lift the rear with a real rearend assembly. And the Starliner came with a bech seat. In fact I hope to use all the Starliner interior with my 64 dash. I know its not same but it will close enough.

Anyway the body moldings are not a problem I will just remove the insignas I dont need.

Paint color is what I am a little worried about. My car was what I called tourqoise blue. In spray cans what wold be the closest in matching. I could pobably get a match at MCM but I hoping to go with Tamiya or Testors.

I am yet to start this car I am just getting all the pieces together. I cant decide weather to cut the hood out or leave it curbside, There was nothing special about my real car except chrome air cleaner -- LOL and the Cragers all around.

I have been busy with my 30,s Fords and just finished my Revell contest car