Model Cars Magazine Forum

well, this is stage four. i was almost tempted to leave it in blue, but i set out to have it in a reddish purple and i can't go back now, LOL. i will put some pics up showing the chassis, dash etc which are in the same colour and i need to work on the graphics, nothing major though.

DSCF9818.jpg

DSCF9825.jpg

DSCF9827.jpg

steve

the blue paint combo will be used on another project as it does work well. but this is the final colour stage with the airbrushed graphics. i used createx wicked detail colours, next after the paint has cured, clear coat then polish.

DSCF9842.jpg

DSCF9841.jpg

DSCF9839.jpg

DSCF9845.jpg

thanks for looking

steve

the paint has now been polished and i have applied baremetal foil on the front screen surround. the interior has been covered in black flock, this includes the roof and upper sides of the body. the engine is mocked up with the air filter.

DSCF9908.jpg

DSCF9910-1.jpg

DSCF9916.jpg

DSCF9917.jpg

DSCF9915.jpg

DSCF9923.jpg

DSCF9919.jpg

steve

• 2 weeks later...

i turned out the rear disc brakes with seperate hubs, and a pair of two piece half shafts. i scratchbuilt a set of custom headers and exhaust system. i will post pics of these later. i'm trying to carry on with this as best i can, as the paint has crazied a little on some areas of the body. i had to make a choice whether to strip it, mask it and paint the areas again, or, as i was going to do anyway, put the van on a beach base and weather the affected areas. i do hate it when things go wrong near the end of a build. :angry: :angry:

DSCF9124.jpg

DSCF9125.jpg

DSCF9126.jpg

steve

• 2 weeks later...

ok, the front discs have been machined with scratchbuilt calipers from chemiwood. also done is the custom center console and machined gear lever. the rear lights were made from camaro tail lights with chemiwood backs. at this moment the van is nearly done with just a little beach weathering, ie, sand on certain areas.

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

more pics to follow.