Model Cars Magazine Forum

Display cases

majel

Does any one know who makes individual display cases for the old 1/16th scale FED's? It needs to be about 16" long.

Check around..I saw a Model tarin display at the Local Hobby shop.. and I would have been perfect fo a top fule Rail.. of course in 1/24th scale though..

Maybe conatct someone that can build you one..Might be costly though..

My Lady's father is building me a wall case 18 x 18 Inches with 3 shelves and the Bottom On so 4 areas to display My Cars On.. the Bottom two will be 5 Inches tall to accomondate the aforementined Rails..

Dwayne Bressem

hey majel, my brother lives in kingman. anyway i was in a Big Lots store the other day and they had about 6 display cases in a bigger size than 1/24. since the early fed were not very long i think they would work. i have to go to town in the next two days and i will look at them again if you would like me to. i am coming to kingman for the river run at laghlin at the end of the month and if they will work we can work out something so you can get them.

• 4 years later...

casesforcollectables.com makes custom cases for anysize as long as it's under 4'x4'! Go to acyrlic box section and choose any size. I've had perfect service from them. Any other Questions , just ask.

They might have cheaper cases for basketballs, etc. but if you want a hi-quality fair priced , perfectly shipped case, they are the ones. All my $$ models get their own cases. As I go hot and cold on a project, at least my project stays clean. If you have a 3" foot dragster, no problem!

If you happen to have minimal woodworking skills and a decent table saw, you can make your own....acrylic is easy to cut, and check youtube for how-to videos on gluing and flame polishing cut edges so they remain transparent. So much less expensive....and results are as custom as the cars you build...bases can be any material you choose, and they are as nice as the time you wish to spend on them...