Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dieseldoc

Off the bench in January

I finished this Revel AG Kenworth back in january. This is the Aussie KW built American style. It is frame is painted tamyia pink and the cab is Model Masters chrome yellow. I added K&S polished stainless to the rear frame rails.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Enjoy

Mark

That is a great looking truck, but I'm curious about the pink frame, that can't be factory so why pink?

I saw a 1:1 truck going down the highway with this scheme. It actually looks rather good. Also on the sleeper of this truck it said "Dads Pad when Mom gets Mad". So I would assume the drivers wife had a lot of input on the color the 1:1 was painted.

Great looking rig, Doc! The color combo works for me. Was the paint job complicated to do? I tried to paint a truck yellow recently with a MM spray bomb, the coverage was horrible. This looks great! Dan

The paint was not hard to do at all. The frame is from a tamyia spray bomb, and the yellow was air brushed. Keep in mind that when doing yellow prime the model with white primer.