Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many models did you buy this year (type) as opposed to how many you built?

I was looking at some of the postings and saw how many builders actually finished building their models. I have many unfinished projects sitting on my desk and the only one I actually completed this year was the Pie Wagon. Then I looked at the stacks of models and supplies I picked up this year and the amount is staggering not to mention how much money was spent. I was wondering how many builders fit my catagory or am I a modeling oddity? Thanks!

I refuse to track that information because I'm afraid I'd have a sobering moment and toss it all in the trash. Way to much spent and little to none returned. Just over the holidays I scored just over 10 kits and yet I just bought another off evilbay last night. I can't control it.

I bought my first model kit ever! It's an MFH Ferrari 500 f2 in 1:24 scale that I bought back in the summer and just got round to starting it. It's on the workbench (well, I use my living room floor as my workbench!) right now and making steady progress. I'm about 3 weeks in and just grabbing an hour here and an hour there to do what I can. I'm learning loads and getting to grips with a metal kit and have a great deal of respect and admiration for you guys and your abilities!

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by mad_dr

I refuse to track that information because I'm afraid I'd have a sobering moment and toss it all in the trash. Way to much spent and little to none returned. Just over the holidays I scored just over 10 kits and yet I just bought another off evilbay last night. I can't control it.

Yeah, but it sure is fun though isn't it? I think browsing Ebay and collecting kits and supplies is a hobby in itself.