Model Cars Magazine Forum

1933 Willys Coupe Rat

ZombieHunter26

I did a simple build of this kit, and after much deliberation and head scratching, I decided to go rat with it.

The hood just seemed too.... false? I don't know the word I'm looking for but I just didn't like how it was all one piece so I "scrapped" it for a different build in the future.

This build has no glass! I've seen so many pics online and throughout craigslist and similar sites with Rats for sale and a good bit had no glass so I decided to go that way with my build.

The steering assembly, tie rod and shocks were a pain, but I finally got 'em in right-

I used the 64 decal from the black widow chevy, the champion spark plugs decals from the same kit, and the AHRA sticker from the Don Garlits Dodge Dragster decal sheet I somehow have in my decal bag.... I don't rightly recall where I got those from.

Here's the pics!

2012052113_08_33-vi.jpg

2012052113_08_47-vi.jpg

2012052113_08_56-vi.jpg

2012052113_09_03-vi.jpg

2012052113_09_31-vi.jpg

aaaaand here's the best I could do to get a picture of the interior detail-

2012052113_10_03-vi.jpg

I'll probably do more to this build in the future, but for now this is where it's gonna stay! Thanks for lookin!

Edited by ZombieHunter26