Model Cars Magazine Forum

LAPD Racing Pro Stock Camaro

krishna.iskandana

Hello again Guys,

I just finished building this one, Tony Foti's LAPD Racing Chevy Camaro Pro Stock from revell.

The kit has become a collector's item and has been hard to be found at a reasonable price almost anywhere.

I have to say that I was lucky to have bought this for 40 US dollars including postage cost.

I spraypainted the body with tamiya black and pure white, added ignition wires and seatbelt, and light weathered the header to obtain metal burnt effect.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Regards

Krishna Iskandana

Perth, Western Australia

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing4.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing2.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing3.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing5.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing7.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing6.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing8.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing9.jpg

ChevroletCamaroProStockLAPDRacing10.jpg

Pretty nice model. I also have this kit but I must tell you: is very very dificult to find some good pics and reference for this model. BTW, Do you have any? I do appreciate some help if possible!!! TKS and congrats.

I've seen the real one when I lived in SoCal. I thought I was looking at the real thing ..........until I saw the plug wires. The diameter could easily be a third of what they are. They look more like pipes than wires. With a smaller diameter wire it will be easier for you to get them to sag as they would on a 1:1. Gravity would keep them from hovering over the valve covers.

I have one myself. Bought new back when. Don't like the way Rev did the

Jetstream/Jetstrobe lightbar. The seam would have been better through the center

of the top & bottom making a front/back like the chrome reflector/flasher center parts

I would like to do both versions I know of. The kit supplied Jetstream & one with a "Vision/Vector"

Flying V lightbar. I have seen pic's of both. Does this car still run?? or exist?

Pretty nice model. I also have this kit but I must tell you: is very very dificult to find some good pics and reference for this model. BTW, Do you have any? I do appreciate some help if possible!!! TKS and congrats.

@Drago: I am really sorry mate, I dont have the pics, I only used the pictures from the model box as a reference.

Thanks for your kind comments guys,

Regards

Krishna Iskandana