Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fathers Day Gift

My Wife gave me Tickets to the Michigan International Speedway, we woke up at 6am, left the house at 7am, drove over 3 hours, through the rain.

After arriving at the Speedway the rain was still falling, when it slowed up we walked to the Tram to our Section, the Rain started up once again, we waited for some time before heading back to our car.

Now soaked to the skin including our underwear, we sat in the car, had a sandwich, and rested as best we could, once again the rain stopped the sky turned lighter, so again after almost two hours in the car we took a walk back to the Tram, back at our section, we walked to our seats, right on the Start Finish Line, we saw the best Race ever, they were going around at close to 200 miles per hour.

I picked my choices, Ambrose, Tony Stewart, Junior, and Kayne, Kayne got wrecked, Ambrose fell back from his Pole position, it was Tony and Junior, turning Laps at 198 mph, and to see Junior Win after 4 years was a monment in time that seemed to stand still for ever the crowd was so loud with their Cheering, that it made me block my ears.

When the Crowd was still, we finally heard Junior Speak, the best interview that he ever gave.

So this Fathers Day Gift is one the I'll hold dear for a long time.

Wish that you all could have been there.

mickey1938

My Wife gave me Tickets to the Michigan International Speedway, we woke up at 6am, left the house at 7am, drove over 3 hours, through the rain.

After arriving at the Speedway the rain was still falling, when it slowed up we walked to the Tram to our Section, the Rain started up once again, we waited for some time before heading back to our car.

Now soaked to the skin including our underwear, we sat in the car, had a sandwich, and rested as best we could, once again the rain stopped the sky turned lighter, so again after almost two hours in the car we took a walk back to the Tram, back at our section, we walked to our seats, right on the Start Finish Line, we saw the best Race ever, they were going around at close to 200 miles per hour.

I picked my choices, Ambrose, Tony Stewart, Junior, and Kayne, Kayne got wrecked, Ambrose fell back from his Pole position, it was Tony and Junior, turning Laps at 198 mph, and to see Junior Win after 4 years was a monment in time that seemed to stand still for ever the crowd was so loud with their Cheering, that it made me block my ears.

When the Crowd was still, we finally heard Junior Speak, the best interview that he ever gave.

So this Fathers Day Gift is one the I'll hold dear for a long time.

Wish that you all could have been there.

mickey1938

Very nice, I have been going to P.I.R since 97.