Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Japanese Busses

As with the Japanese truck kits, these 1/32 bus kits are somewhat overpriced but excellently molded, and many of the bus kits are available with the main body already painted and including the basic graphics. They are not,,however, simple kits to build as there is a lot of painting and masking required to finish the interiors and window details, and the installation of the operating doors is quite 'finnicky'.

Like the truck models though, I do find the Aoshima bus kits very satisfying when completed.

Mitsubishi 'Aero Queen'

P7010008-1.jpg

P7010009-1.jpg

Mitsubishi city bus

P7010006-1.jpg

P7010007-1.jpg

What is the diameter of the rims on that Aero Queen? Inside lip.

Rim Diameter is approx. 3/4 inch (between 18 and 19 MM)

Total wheel/tire diam. is approx. 1 3/8 inches.

Note: these dimensions are done with a metal rule and not with a Vernier, so they may be off by a few thou.

Yes, they are good kits. A high level of detail for such a low parts count. And to the poster above, the tires and wheels would be a good match for lift axles on big rigs. However, the costs of the kits would be prohibitive if you bought a kit just for that purpose.

I like these!!

Wish they were imported here!!

(At least more than the 1 -2 I ever see listed on evilbay)

I have 3 versions of the Isuzu BX-30 Bonnet Bus.

Those are The LOW parts count kits. (Unassembled Curbside Promo!)

Interior is ONE piece + dash, column, steering wheel 2 levers & 5 partition/hand rails

These Larger Busses have Many parts. All seats look to be separate in them

as well as more hand rails

Aoshima is getting there Money's worth out of the tooling of these.

I have seen at least 6 different versions of the Aero Queen, & Mitsubishi/Fuso Erga Easy Step

I want these so bad!!!!

They build up beautfully

Note: these dimensions are done with a metal rule and not with a Vernier, so they may be off by a few thou.

I'm assuming that the city bus wheels are pretty close, as well? Could you also take a quick measurement of the tire width and height? While we're at it, a close-up of the wheel and tire would be much appreciated. These certainly aren't parts kits, but I'm trying to form a better understanding of what's out there in these asian kits.

Although the rim size is the same, the tire diameter is just a hair over 1 1/8' Edited by traditional