Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eleanor 1974

RadRidesByDan

WOW! Did you ran into a 1/25 scale light pole in a 1/25 freeway exit at 2.4 MPH (1/25 of 60 MPH) :P

For years I thought I was the only person in the world that liked Toby's movies. Glad to see they are now recognized.

Great job on that one!

Thanks,

Looks good, I mean bent, uh, whatever--you know what I mean! Good work. I have always wanted to attempt a wrecked car, but never been sure about just what to do, and you don't see alot of wrecked older cars around to have something to go by.

They had a special showing of that movie awhile back on TNT or something, and the really cool thing about it was that Toby owned almost every car wrecked in that movie. He had one of the largest fleets of privately owned service vehicles (cop cars, trash trucks, fire trucks, ect.) at the time. And by far the coolest part was that most of the freeway scenes were shot on Sunday afternoons, when the guy in charge of permits for filming on public property was not at work. It was also really neat that the train wreck and other scenes in the movie were just strokes of luck and random scenes that just happened to fit and were used. Although the dialog is the reason most people seem to dislike the movie, a 40 minute chase scene is awesome no matter what car chase you compare it with. If you see the new version, every now and then you can spot remnants from the original to which they paid a great homage, in my opinion.

it was shown on speedvision... err i mean speed channel. i watch at least once a month (i was given the collecters dvd last year, it includes the speed channel documentury). ;) i have a correction though. it is a 71 mustang but in the movie stated to be a 73, "the last of the V8 Mustangs." in 74 the mustang 2 had a v6 as a "top of the line" motor, but Mustang faithful bomdbarded ford with complains, so in 75 the Mustang came with a 302 winsor, the same but less powerful as the venerable 5 litre. the winsor is the same family as the 289. ;)

sorry about my rant, but i'm very passionate about my mustangs.

Edited by Robert81

it was shown on speedvision... err i mean speed channel. i watch at least once a month (i was given the collecters dvd last year, it includes the speed channel documentury). ;) i have a correction though. it is a 71 mustang but in the movie stated to be a 73, "the last of the V8 Mustangs." in 74 the mustang 2 had a v6 as a "top of the line" motor, but Mustang faithful bomdbarded ford with complains, so in 75 the Mustang came with a 302 winsor, the same but less powerful as the venerable 5 litre. the winsor is the same family as the 289. :o

sorry about my rant, but i'm very passionate about my mustangs.

;) No worries....I know the Mustang itself used was a 71 not a 73......but either way the movie came out in 1974.....when yourelate to the Gone In 60 Seconds 1974....was with Toby.....but if you relate Gone In 60 Seconds 2000....it was with Nicolas Cage

Thanks for teh comments guys

Edited by RadRidesByDan

One of my all time fav movies. (the REAL Gone not that Cage thing) I got to see the real Elanor at Peterson in LA a few years back. We went on a Tue morning and the place was almost empty. When I saw Elanor it had ropes all around it and do not touch signs....was someone going to hurt it?? I did lean over and touch it just to say I did!!! LOL

when you relate to the Gone In 60 Seconds 1974....was with Toby

is there any other? :huh: the 2000 version has too much acting :rolleyes: and not enough chasing. the dvd has a clear case with a 5 x 7 picture frame and if you put it in you computer it has games (i never tryed but it it said it on the case). i had to order it through a local cd store and wait six months for it.

Edited by Robert81