Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Here's an Unresolved Issue

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a beef, in some other publication recently, a product was reviewed. In the review a distributor was given, while visiting that site no such item was present. Why do they do this, tempt you, then, dash you on the rocks of despair ,L.O.L. Then, in the same magazine the following month it was again featured, at the Nuremberg Toy Show non the less, again no further information was given. I did a Google search and came up empty, man I'm peeved, I want to buy one! F.Y.I. It is a Master Tools Pillar Drill, real sharp quality tool, but does it really exist????? One wonders....

Posted · Report post

Can't really blame the magazine, they go by whatever information the supplier/distributor/manufacturer gives them. Sometimes companies get a little too far ahead of themselves in announcing new products. ;)

Posted · Report post

This must be the case here.

Posted · Report post

What does it do that makes it so desireable?

Posted · Report post

It is a sturdy compact drill press for your bench top. More stout than the Dremel drill press accessory and has a real three jaw chuck with key, variable speed and made of engineered polymers and steel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Was it green and yellow? Might be a Proxxon, from Luxembourg.

http://www.proxxontools.com/store/pc/home.asp

Edited by Brett Barrow

Posted · Report post

Nope, not Proxxon. It clearly states it is Master Tools, but I can't even find a web site for it!!

Posted · Report post

Long shot here but,,,could it have been set up as an April Fools joke?

Posted · Report post

I have a beef, in some other publication recently, a product was reviewed. In the review a distributor was given, while visiting that site no such item was present. Why do they do this, tempt you, then, dash you on the rocks of despair ,L.O.L. Then, in the same magazine the following month it was again featured, at the Nuremberg Toy Show non the less, again no further information was given. I did a Google search and came up empty, man I'm peeved, I want to buy one! F.Y.I. It is a Master Tools Pillar Drill, real sharp quality tool, but does it really exist????? One wonders....

Post your source....

Posted · Report post

No, I don't think so, it was in the Tamiya Model magazine both times. It is predominantly blue, with black and green accents. The name Master Tools is on as a sticker right up front on the belt guard. I am sure it is legit.

Posted · Report post

I just Google'd "Tamiya Master Tools Pillar Drill", it shows that article in the March issue of Tamiya magazine. Perhaps you could locate the magazine? Seems there must be something in the mag on how to contact. Advertiser index?

Posted · Report post

I have scoured that issue and the following for anything that related to it, including pocketbond's web site, emailed and commented on forums, all to no avail.

Posted · Report post

Are you in Europe or somewhere that uses 220v power? If you're in the US it Might be pointless chasing down something that doesn't run 110v. Have you compared it to Micro-Mark's?

Posted · Report post

Or are you talking about the new Trumpeter tool line? I doubt that'll be imported into the US. We're not planning on it, and I doubt the other importer is either.

Posted · Report post

No, and no. I am now of the opinion that I may just be too early to jump concerning this item. If pocketbond.co.uk will be the distributor, it is too early to get info on it and, probably hasn't even been stocked as of yet.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure it's Trumpeter. It's called "Master Tools, right? I have the catalog at work. There's a small drill press in there. Pocketbond is Trumpeter's UK distributor. I work for one of the American distributors. We're going to carry some of the Master Tools stuff, but I don't see the drill press in our system, so I doubt we'll get it. Probably wind up best for consumers to just buy it straight out of China or Hong Kong on eBay, I hate to say it. If there's demand for it, maybe we'll bring it over. We've been sending out the catalog for a couple months.

Posted · Report post

Well I can say I'm disappointed with this news, but not surprised, seeing as Tamiya Model Magazine is a European publication. I will just have to source it elsewhere whenever it comes available. Thanks for the information it is well appreciated.

Posted · Report post

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions. I have received the information on this item and it does look to be not ready for our electric system as of yet. So, I guess I did jump too fast on this one. Again I thank you all for the support.