Model Cars Magazine Forum

What If Vega Funny Car

Bob, Sorry for being late on the comments. The kit I used was the Revell Jungle Jim kit. I was building this kit for the 74 Machine gun Kelly car but the decals I laid down would not lay down over the front end and got messed up. So I decided to use the Slixx decals. The chassis was built box stock with scratch built side panels fuel tank strap fire bottles seat belts fuel pump cable and throttle rods. I used R B Motion steering and suspension bolts & nuts. Scale Hardware bolts on the engine Pro Tech wire and braided lines. The body was fitted with Competition Resins 74 front and rear clips. The body was sanded primed and sanded again and painted with Rustoleum lacquer gloss black. Sanded smooth and sprayed with automotive clear. Applied Slixx decals and apply more automotive clear and and polish to a high shine. Hope this helps Thanks for asking

John and Scott, Thanks for you kind words. Its appreciated.

Aaron. Yes I sold the body and I have spent some time on my new Photoshop program a made my Fireball Vega decals into 1/16th scale and I think I'am going to take a Jungle Jim body and make that into a 74 body, fit it to the chassis and see that goes.