Model Cars Magazine Forum

referance pics needed mcewen & glidden

been wanting to do an old funny car and an old pro stock.i dont know anything about these cars and am having no luck finding detail pics.when all else fails i know this is the place to come.....i found a few pics of the chassis and motor of the white mcewen fc but nothing on the blue.....couldnt find anything on the glidden car......thanks

post-9581-0-30232400-1367846341_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-34106100-1367846345_thumb.jp

Lou,

I googled Glidden 87 T-bird and I hit this set of pics. It looks authentic, based on the Jerry Haas build plate in the windshield. Hopefully it'll help you out.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148496

You might try googling some more Glidden T-bird type key words to see if you find anything else. I don't know if I've got any old magazines at home that have any features on this car, or not. I'll try to look.

you guys are awesome.my computer skills suck.i still cant get a good look at the front suspention of the funny car is there better pics out there........what model kit will work best for the funny car...........i dont no much about funny cars so thanks for all your help..if anyone needs any pics of sprint cars im your man.

Lou, if you want to build a decent representation of the Mongoose II Duster, then just buy one of the McEwen Navy Dusters that are still on the shelves of your local hobby store. That model will be the closest you'll come to replicating the Hot Wheels Duster. I built this one (albeit with a few modifications) a while ago with a similar kit to start with.

post-145-0-25966200-1368067554_thumb.jpg

Depends on which version you want to build. Jim (Kitswapper) can probably clarify, but I believe that the earlier version was the repainted version of the Carefree Duster. Pretty sure that the chassis was a blue, fairly standard digger style (Buttera?) chassis. The second, later version has a third gen, swoopier Duster body. I don't know who did the chassis for this one or the color of it.

I have the Revell kit and because I am 1 a funny car fan 2 a mopar fan 3 was in the Navy I would love to build the kit as close as my skills will let me. I have been following the snake build and all though I have not the skill to build that high of detail it has inspired me to at least try to make the kit version better. As you can see from my attached I really need to start building.

post-11986-0-12666500-1368500858_thumb.j

Lou... here is the only front end pic I could find but this is on the car they restored the car and not sure if it was that way it was run....

MongooseBlueFC_zpsc89042ff.jpg

David... By the way.... Nice collection of kits ;)

Edited by Mooneyzs

Thanks Chris, it is better than anything I could find. Sorry to all those who are following Chris's build, I will try not to distract him any more. I myself can not wait to see what new progress he posts next.

I wonder what the time frame difference is between these last 2 pictures. There are some subtle difference between the 2 cars.

different decals , rocker trim color , different spark plug wiring, different blower .

Just goes to show how rapidly the cars changed from race to race

Edited by gtx6970