Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC street machine WIP

Mrdarkmonkey96

A contest build. Is this for an online photo-contest or a real life judged on a table top contest?

If it is the latter, then one piece of advice I will offer, is to check out the first picture. See the round ejector pin marks? Getting rid of those is model building 101. The basics. If a judge sees those, your model might as well not be on the table, no matter how good it looks. The same goes for flash, mold lines, sprue tabs, etc.\

I look forward to seeing more. BTW, what kit is this?

A contest build. Is this for an online photo-contest or a real life judged on a table top contest?

If it is the latter, then one piece of advice I will offer, is to check out the first picture. See the round ejector pin marks? Getting rid of those is model building 101. The basics. If a judge sees those, your model might as well not be on the table, no matter how good it looks. The same goes for flash, mold lines, sprue tabs, etc.\

I look forward to seeing more. BTW, what kit is this?

It's a contest held by chevy cheesburger on youtube. I do plan on removing the, but I think they will be covered by some other stuff.

And the flash and everything else has been trimmed and sanded as much as possible. It's the MPC street charger.

• 1 month later...

Ive gotten alot done since he forum went down.

I wired the starter, and plumbed the fuel lines, the oil filter, the radiator top & bottom. I also added an oil cooler, and plumbed it as well.0712131717b_zps455a594d.jpg

0712131711a_zps6c36c342.jpg

fully functional suspension and turning abilities.

0712131711_zps369bcd59.jpg

0712131712_zps9d927211.jpg

aftermarket wheels. drilled the drum brakes to fit around the wheel shaft and painted them star spangled blue, trimmed the axles to fit in the wheel shaft and glued on the front wheels.

0712131710_zps98057a16.jpg

painted the wood grain in the interior. it looks grey in the picture but its quite brown :P

0712131714_zps73c07eac.jpg

0712131714a_zps0ec11c69.jpg

I just need to flock the carpet.

0712131715_zps7e9d62ac.jpg

0712131716_zps9e19af1a.jpg

0712131717a_zps1355d3f5.jpg