Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sit on this and Rotary! Bandai's R100 kit!

Faust

Okay, here’s one that’s really, really out of left field!

I love to build car kits, and the weirder or more obscure it is, the better I like it. From Omnis to the Ferrari 308 Rainbow, I’ve got quite an eccelctic collection. However, none of them are super-rare. This one, however, must be; when I tried to look up info on it, I couldn’t find much. Since I didn’t see anyone else reviewing this, I thought an out of box review could be pretty cool.

So, here for your viewing pleasure, is the 1/20 Bandai Familia Rotary Coupe.

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/bandai-120-mazda-familia-rotary-coupe'>http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/bandai-120-mazda-familia-rotary-coupe

This kit is, I think, from the late 1960s, maybe 1969. The car debuted in 1968, so it could conceivably be from then.

Let me know what you think about this unbuilt little gem, and if you’ve got any comments or additional info, either email me (see the site) or post it here!

Enjoy!

mazda-familia-007.jpg?w=640

Edited by Faust

How so like gold? You mean valuable or rare, or both?

I thought I saw a couple things on the AusRotary forum about some guys bidding one one and it was into the 100's of dollars. Is that right?

It's a neat kit, too, for sure.

I thought I saw a couple things on the AusRotary forum about some guys bidding one one and it was into the 100's of dollars. Is that right?

Many are very expensive. Hundreds of dollars. Big collecting market in Japan for the Bandai kits.

Be wary. Don't know about the worth of this kit but there is someone with a collection of Mazda kits that they keep putting on Aussie E-Bay at stupid prices. They don't sell.