Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renewbie from Oregon

62pyro

My name is Pat and I'm a single father.I started building models back in the early '70's.First one was the '72 GMC pickup when it was new.Got away from it a few times but,getting ready to get back to it.

Have several projects in mind at the moment.Just need to get started on one after some parts gathering.

Pat

Welcome Pat.

Here is a link to a Portland area model club and shows, if you're interested. There are a couple members on the forum.

SABANW

I am not a member, but plan on attending some of the events in 2014.

Thanks for the info.

Welcome Pat ! Are you a long time Oregonion ? I live in Bend but get to the Porland area alot. There's a show coming up in Clackamas November 2nd. Hope to see you there. Let me know if you need any info.

Lived here almost 51 years.I'm going to try and hit a few of the shows coming up.Who knows?I might actually get something done in time to enter one in the near future.

Hobby Lobby is your new must go to for your fix!

Unfortunately,the closest one I can find is about 150 miles away.

I only have to go to my closet for a decent selection even after selling off about 40 or so models lately.Narrowed down my collection to get some money and,hopefully,make it easier to decide on a project and stay focused.So far,it's not working that well. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a Model car show and swap meet at Denny's next weekend (Nov 2)

Denny's
15815 Southeast 82nd Drive
Clackamas,
I'll be there.
Just find the tables with the cheapest kits. ;)

I will probably check it out after work.I know right where it's at.I grew up in that area.Just hope I have enough money to spare.