Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Lincoln and Resin 57 210 4 door

badcaditude

This Forum wasn't easy to find.

Here's the Inspiration. (http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/10/20/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1967-lincoln-continental-2/) BLACK with BLACK 1967 Lincoln Continental 4 Door with the Vinyl removed from the Roof. A 1953 Nash (?) Flying Lady Hood Ornament was added.

Hood Ornament? We don't need no Stinking Hood Ornament.

If I could drive, I'd buy this 1967. The only thing I would change is... the Exhaust. For some reason... they're never loud enough. A set of Cherry Bomb Glasspacks would cure that.

AMT%206504%2065%20Linc%20Conv.JPG

Here's the Victim. I'm not going to convert this into a 67. I just need a good Hardtop to fit this Body. I believe I have similar set of wheels or I can use Baby Moons or Dog Dish Wheel Covers.

I've done one as a Wagon and another one (Pretty much) Factory Stock. It's time for something TWISTED.

The next Contestant is a Resin Realm 1957 Chevy 210 4 door. Okay-Okay... I'll admit it, I like 4 door cars and Wagons.

l213.jpg2502.jpg

I haven't any pictures of the one my older brother built and drove waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the early 70's. It was all Black with Black Interior. It had a built 327c.i.d. and I can't remember if it was a Manual 3 or 4 speed trans.. I helped him change it once. It was one of those cars that you heard loooooong before you caught sight of it.

Here's my dilemma, I got sick and lost some vision. I can't Re-scribe the Panel lines in the Resin Body.

If there's anyone in my area of the Frozen State of Connecticut that wants an Unbuilt AMT 57 Chevy Kit: 638 in exchange for Re-scribing the Resin Body's Panel Lines, let me know.

amt-1957-chevy-bel-air.jpg

(The Unbuilt AMT 57 Chevy Kit: 638)

I bought this AMT Kit: 638 because I couldn't remember which kit I needed.

AMT-31543-2.jpg

(The AMT 1957 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop needed and bought)

As it turned out I needed the older AMT 1957 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop. I'll always remember it as the"Pepper Shaker" issue. It seems funny to me because, it was the same Brother's favorite Model kit. How weird is that?

Another weird thing about this kit is... the upper Grille part that's supposed open with the Hood... doesn't.

I can still build... albeit slowly and carefully. If I couldn't... my Doctor wouldn't be happy with my Demeanor, his new nickname and choice of Colorful Metaphors hurled at him.

I can live without driving but not cars.

Edited by badcaditude

Missing Link Models was supposed to be coming out with a hardtop body for the '65 Continental - anybody seen one yet?

You should contact them concerning the body. I am not sure if it is still in production. I have the original kit in my collection. I really dig the suicide door Lincolns. I built these years ago, and will build more when I can.

2005_041167LincolnContinental0004.jpg

2005_0818gmatcarlisle20050048.jpg

Missing Link has no Lincoln. I do have their 1971 Galaxie 500 4 Door. That'll be Gator McKlusky's 1971 FORD CUSTOM 500 from White Lightning. One of the movies that made 4 Door cars cool... to me anyway. (http://worldflix.blogspot.com/2012/08/white-lightning.html).ltd3.jpeg

My brother's 210 really tipped the scale. No Chrome Plated Mag-Wheels, no Wheel Covers, no Hood Scoop, no Custom Suspensions. Just and ordinary looking car. Something you wouldn't look twice at. Like the 350 HP 66 LTD 4 Door I used to drive 35 years ago.

I could never get the Choke to work properly. I worked 2nd Shift so, on really cold nights I would have to Break-Race the engine while waiting for the Security Guard directing traffic to wave me through. I could see the fear on his face while my back tires were spinning, squealing and smoking. I still think it's funny.

Funny thing I just remembered... the Company closed that Parking Lot that year.

Thanks for your help so far, it's appreciated.

fiftyseven2.JPG

I know this is a 2 Door and the front Bumper is black but, tell me she don't look SINISTER. All she needs is a set of Cherry Bomb Glasspacks.

If you got it, flaunt it.

• 2 months later...