Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Supra

om617

Great build! I think I need to change wheels now haha I have the same ones from eighty1 lol

I have been avoiding finishing my kit as I painted the car and wasnt very happy looks good man!

Thanks.

Hehe! Yeah it`s nice to experiment a little with kits. Strip it and start over? Would be fun to see another Supra in progress.

Thanks.

Hehe! Yeah it`s nice to experiment a little with kits. Strip it and start over? Would be fun to see another Supra in progress.

Maybe not. Just need to fix hood, and I forgot to add the side mirrors before painting.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87768&hl=

I need to touch up my painting on the engine.

You are welcome. The turbo kit is from Model Meister ,and need some clean up and sanding before it looks decent.

Here are the parts in this kit. They also have complete engine with this setup and other japanese engines.

I love that engine kit. I have one ready to build once I clear out some of my other kits. I plan on dropping the 2JZ into an '88 Toyota Supra MK3 kit I have to duplicate my real world car. It's also a single turbo...

IMG_20140309_174238_743_zpsiirxv5oa.jpg

Got stuck on this since i got sent the wrong window mask.

James: Looking good,nice details and it remind me i have to paint the engine compartment bodycolor.

Allen: Sounds like a good plan,that 1:1 is a monster (In a good way)

Robin: I actually consider peel of the glass and try using BMF. Alclad is such a mess,and if i dont get perfect result

i have to strip the whole car,not tempting.

Scott: I didnt use it,i will use the one that comes with the MM kit. There will be a filter and tube onto the turbo

so it does not matter if the intake on the turbo is crisp. I was first considering the Hobby Desing and then use

a funnel and no filter.

Jason: LM i assume? They will look good.

Thanks for the interest and sorry for late reply.

Edited by om617

Little update. Did an attempt at making a holder for extra gauges,mounted the turbo and checked clearance

for the inner fender. I covered parts of the inner fender with BMF for looking like heatshield. Started some

plumbing,the battery will go in the trunk because of the intercooler pipe. I removed the headlight glass,then

used utra chrome bmf on the inside,big improvement imo. But looking at referance photos,there are no

blueprint on how this should be,some have tinted glass or black inside on 1:1 cars.

Some mock up pictures. Thanks for looking.

020.jpg

010_1.jpg

003.jpg