Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 GTO

bsoder

Well I wanted an EZ build to take my mind off things for awhile, and I didn't want to have to buy anything! I'd picked up a few of these Polar Lights GTO kits a few yrs. ago for like 4$ each sooo.. I gotta say they're not bad I left the body "pre-painted" and just painted & detailed the rest. I did dig up a set of wheels & tires that are more accurate & it looks good on the shelf ;)

000_2916.jpg

000_2919.jpg

000_2918.jpg

000_2920.jpg

Nice model...I can remember first seeing the '64 GTO when I was in the 9th grade and hearing that throaty exhaust sound. Man that was just IT! Always thought it was way more sharp that the "new Mustang" at the time. I was on my way to school and when I turned around to stare as the car went past I was sure surprised when the driver turned around and came back. He gave me a ride to school and dropped me off right in front of everyone at the front door. WOW!! Was the only time I ever rode in a GTO but that memory has stayed with me.

Joe