Model Cars Magazine Forum

It All Starts With The Engine, Mack 300 Wip

2-18-08

Guy's....Just finished the Mack 300 engine....

OK, I know it's not the big bad "CAT" but this will be alright.

This is the 300 engine that is going into the Mack DM600 Triaxle mixer that I am currently working on. Not alot of detail, due to most of it being hidden under the cab "off-set". Decals are all custom made by me, a "little" weathering rust on the manifolds..and the kicker is...ALCLAD pale gold used (airbrush) along with some stainless steel.

Now back to the main build. I'll keep everyone posted. Hope you like..and yes, there is an oil dipstick.....Sorry for the blurness..eyesight is going....

Kurt McLucas

0707dp_01_s1973_maxidyne_300_series.jpg

DSCN5140a.jpg

DSCN5141a.jpg

DSCN5139a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dave.....

The drum on the rear..I honestly do not know..my guess would be some sort of a "counter-balance"....

When I obtained the 300 engine from the Cruiseliner kit...I also incorporated several parts from the orginal DM600 kit as well...thus the tranny..the starter ,and the alternator...can't forget the fan neither....

The decals definately make the piece...come alive. I do all may decals myself...computer generated.

The engine will be dropped into a DM600 Triaxle mixer..which has an earlier post...the project is about 85% complete..still waiting on aftermarket parts to complete..slowly but surely..it is coming along....

Here is a link to my FOTKI album..on this build...Mack Triaxle mixer....

http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/

Thank you for all the great comments...and I promise to post more pictures..as it progresses....

Kurt McLucas

Edited by Turbo590

Kurt,

On the engine it has the Air Intake on top as part of the engine itself, but in one of the photo's it shows an external air intake. Is this some how plummed into the intake on top of the engine? Or is there a different purpose to each intake? I keep coming back to this thread, the gold the weathering and the decals really look convincing.

Hope things are going according to plan. I will certainly look forward to the photo's of the DM finished.