Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brent, There are no kits of the 110"or 120" sleepers for model trucks. There are no aftermarket model builders making them either that I know of. The best thing you could do is scratch build one yourself. You can do this by using .020" or .030" sheet styrene.

Yes, no one makes custom sleepers. MMTA made them, but as discussed in another one of your posts, they are out of business.

I think there would be at least a small market for them if someone wanted to make a resin kit, based off of custom sleepers made by ARI or ICT, or older designs from Double Eagle, etc.

For now, scratch building is the way.

Depending on what style you are after, grafting 2 together from a kit is not all that hard. If you want an an early Double Eagle or Bentz hi rise, something that is really easy is using old cassette tape cases (anybody remember those?) or a hard plastic post card box from Dollar General. A little scrounging and you can often find something for a buck or two that just needs some minor hacking. Flea markets and garage sales are great ways to find something amazingly close and cheap.

Lots of good info and pix at www.trucksleeper.com

Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Brent, There are no kits of the 110"or 120" sleepers for model trucks. There are no aftermarket model builders making them either that I know of. The best thing you could do is scratch build one yourself. You can do this by using .020" or .030" sheet styrene.

iam using .040