Model Cars Magazine Forum

greetings from bakersfield

After nearly 25 years of not touching a model, I have delved back into it. Work out of town during the week and it gets boring as all get out sitting in a hotel room after work watching tv. I forgot how much enjoyed modelling.

Started first build two weeks ago and already have it completed and three on deck. I am nowhere near the quality as the majority of the builds here, but with the vast array of available information available here, that will quickly change.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another Cali modeler. I'm a truck driver and I have pondered the hotel modeling thing.

I'm lucky in that I'm usually at the same hotel for an extended time. If I were constantly on the move, it would make it rough to efficiently build.

Just purchased a portable booth and airbrush kit which will help, but not when it comes time to move to a new location.

I'm lucky in that I'm usually at the same hotel for an extended time. If I were constantly on the move, it would make it rough to efficiently build.

Just purchased a portable booth and airbrush kit which will help, but not when it comes time to move to a new location.

I build big trucks mainly. I know I couldn't build a whole kit. But I could bring some brushes and what not to do engines. I could do frames also if get the alterations, stretching, shorten, and what not done at home.

• 2 weeks later...