Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all when I had mine I totally rebuilt it and whilst i was at it i stripped all the paint off the engine casings polished it and engraved it, so I thought I would do the same with this kit. being 1/8 of the original size it obviously wont be as elaborate but will give the general idea.
EPO4RiU.jpg
ZSjJEXA.jpg
roughly pened on
qVJOPje.jpg
jeVc5mU.jpg
this is the tool of choice
OeWRXBx.jpg
oops didnt work too well
2N70wBm.jpg
5lHax7s.jpg
I think my next attempt will be heated scribe .

Well I am totally peed off this was advertised as new and unstarted. Someone has gone ahead on the instructions and started the frame, only they've glued it all wrong (and used plenty of it) I've tried getting it apart but it's like it's welded together, and even if I get it apart I'm not sure I can reposition it where it should be, so this is another one that's on hold, funny its another Heller kit.

Bruce you are right on looking at the photo I've been doing some investigating my 10 yr old nephew had been over during the day with my daughter to see my missus and decided to have a go at it. That's what you get for trying to encourage youngsters. He is now banned from my model room unless I am there.

Well I think it is sorted I told him he broke it he has to help me fix it yesterday we had a go at it, it's not pretty but since most of it is underneath the tank I don't think it will show (needs a lot of cleaning up but when he's not around ) will post pics of his help tomorrow.

• 1 month later...