Model Cars Magazine Forum

round 2

The "Cooter's" issue 72 Cheyenne was the Last issue of the Original Annual

67-72 Chevy Pickup from the MPC tooling.

Evidently it was Lost,

That is why the AMT 72 GMC Short-bed Stepside was modified into the Cheyenne Longbox Fleetside 

we have had re-issued no less than 4 times '95

And to think the Modified Pickup kit commands over $35-40.oo

with that many re-issues, is it any wonder why the Cooter's version demands So much more??!!

I Would Love to see the Tow truck option return, but likely that was lost with the rest of the

Annual Fleetside since that is what was Last offered from that tooling!!

The following is from the Questions and Answers from the link I posted in my previous post.

Larry C says: July 29, 2014 at 11:23 am It is great to see some of the old kits being re-issued. Any chance for a re-issue of Dukes of hazzard, Cooter’s tow truck?

Reply JohnG says: July 31, 2014 at 7:41 pm It’s not beyond the realm of possibility at some point, but the tooling was changed. We’d have to piece it back together. - See more at: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/2224-whats-a-hanger-shot/#comment-13806

If we let Round 2 know there is an interest in certain kits perhaps they will realize the investment in time and restoration may pay off for them.

There are 2 Chevy C10 pickup tools; one is AMT and the other is MPC. The AMT was converted to a GMC Sierra in 1971 and finally into a GMC short bed. It was never a tow truck. The tow truck is the MPC and the AMT 1967.

I believe decisions to produce a kit are base on dealers and distributer orders, not letters or comments from people. Letters may create interest, but whether a kit is produced is based on monetary concerns.

It's my understanding that the '72 Chevy that is in the current tool catalog is actually a combination of a retooled GMC and the MPC kit, using the best bits from each kit, plus some new added components. I've also heard that tow truck/fire truck bed tool has either been damaged or lost.

They did it in the "Bluprinter" Newsletter/magazine they were publishing at the time too.

I have all the issues from that run to what it became when merged with their Collectibles/Diecast

called Replica, through to the very last issue.

I remember the biggest complaint afterwards was the name of one kit "Polyglass Gasser"

NOT including that it was a 62 Pontiac Bonneville. NO mention of What it was

at all!!!!

That one would have had Many more votes if they had.

I have the the first 4 kits from that series, 63 1/2 Galaxie Sports roof, 64 Murcury Park Lane Marauder

and STP Turbine Wedge all being BC-1 issues, the Gurney/Olsonite Eagle I have is an Original

Only the Galaxie did I manage to get NEW!!. All others were Later trades/purchases

How long does it take" Think they'ed be done by now. :huh:

I've been wondering about that also.

It appears to be two different racks of test shots unless they moved just one rack for the pictures. The pallet racks in the background appear to be different colors and it appears the one lower bar is not completely filled with hangers.