my actual project

Peterbilt 378 cab and chassis, Sleeper by Peterbilt 377, both Italeri

hood by Bobby Griffen

Trailer by Italeri

3261303933356664.jpg

3437306134333065.jpg

3363343362306535.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics - ###### cellular

tell me what you think. Any suggestions where i can get a later model dash?

as i am not sure on color choice i also would like to get some suitable decals, like from mayflower trucking or wenrer enterprises

maybe someone has some pictures where i can make some decals from

You're off to a nice start.

I made one new dash and after that decided to live with the old-style dash and just paint it to look like the newer dash ('05-08 dash top matches the interior color).

Because you are using the red sleeper, blue cab and cream color resin, I'd like to suggest that after you apply a coat of primer, buy a can of ZinzerBIN primer sealer and apply a coat of the sealer to the parts. The a coat of primer, then your color. Otherwise that darned red plastic will bleed through creating some "interesting" color shade differences between the cab/hood/sleeper.

Tim

I guess I should have clarified. I used the dash in one model, but due to the amount of late model PB's I build, I got lazy and decided not to rework all of these dashes.

The dash is on my Bruce Dewey 379-119 (white, red frame, black/red stripes). I'll see if I can find the dash pic.

Tim

I guess I should have clarified. I used the dash in one model, but due to the amount of late model PB's I build, I got lazy and decided not to rework all of these dashes.

The dash is on my Bruce Dewey 379-119 (white, red frame, black/red stripes). I'll see if I can find the dash pic.

Tim

now I see

what a pity you didn't make any resin copies

edit: pics would be great. those on your site don't work

Edited by tooltime-fan

• 2 weeks later...

Tim

did you find the pics?

soon i will update this thrad with some pics of the truck in paint

unfortunately i still have some problems with painting the hood

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for replies

added some paint but I am not happy with it. On the hood it didn't turn out smooth at all, so I sanded it down carefully not to mess up all detail

On cab and sleeper the paintjob was good but when I layed down the clear it got these clouds you might see on the pic

what is it?

paints are all duplicolor, primer, paint and clear

post-773-1207632921_thumb.jpg

I agree with Tim...It's the classic pattern of "cold can" syndrome! Try standing your duplicolor cans in a small container of warm (almost hot) water prior to use....continue to pull the can and shake it up.....once the can feels slightly warmer than your hand (about 100-105) try shooting (of course dry the can of excess water first). By doing this and spraying warm; the pressure at the nozzle will increase; the paint will atomize and "flow" better; but will remain at a temp warm enough for the propellant in the can NOT to make condensation as it changes state from liquid to gas; thus eliminating the fog or clouding. ou can also use a "shop lamp" the aluminum clip type, with a 75 watt bulb; spray the paint; then hold the parts up under the lamp to warm the paint; wich helps to flash out the solvents faster and more equally, and results in SMOOOOOTH paint every time....I hope these pointers are helpful.....and the truck looks GREAT............matt

What's goin' on...

That's a good color for that truck. So you had some paint technicallities. NO BIG DEAL!!! Go to the autp parts store pick up a gallon of Castrol Super Clean dump it in a bucket and put the cab in there. Wait for a day use an old tooth brush or (what I like to use) a finger nail brush. Run water and scrub the paint off. Once ya got it scrubbed wash it again w/ clean soapy water let it dry and your ready to give it another shot.

Good Luck