Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best way to assemble Italeri multi-piece cab?

I need some help. What is the best way to assemble the multi-piece cab on the old Western Star conventional. I think the instructions have you assemble the cab around the cab interior. I left a seam on the Freightliner I did years ago. Would it be better to assemble the cab and get it true somehow and insert the completed interior? I know there are a lot of accomplished modelers on this forum and I would greatly appreciate some help with my project.

I have not assembled one myself but had seen this on another truck forum

Assemble the cab completely....top/bottom, and sides.

Assemble the interior...except the dashboard. Install the dashboard into the cab..and then install the inside door panels, and then insert, install the cab floor from the bottom..and then you are ready to mount the cab on the frame

The only Italeri kits that I have built were the Western Stars, and it has been a lot of years since I built one of those. Like Sean said, I fully assembled the cab first. On the bottom inside of the cab are two ridges that the floor fits in between. I cut the lower ridge off, all of the way around leaving the upper ridge so that the completed interior could be inserted from the bottom with the cab fully assembled and painted. I'm sure that others probably have a better way, but if memory serves me correctly that is how I built the the ones that I built. Hope this helps.