Model Cars Magazine Forum

White 7400 & Detroit 6V71 project

Jacobus - Thank you for the best wishes and I Hope You and Yours has a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year. :)    I am looking very forward to your CL-9000 as I have one of those hid away also.

Jim - That is a rain cap. I punched a small disk of styrene , trimmed a piece of scrap and sliced a piece of Tamiya masking tape for the bracket.

Brian - it is just paint, Thank you :)

I could almost call this one done except I have not found a set of mirrors on hand that I like for this truck.  I will most likely build a set . Also need turn indicator lights and compartment T-handles .

PC224392.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

Gator - thanks for stopping in :)

Another small update but a huge obstacle out of the way - Exhaust piping.

That has to be my most unfavorite part about building truck models. Perhaps if I would just build one out of the box.

It does not look like much but I can assure you there are over a dozen segments that make up this piece of piping.

PB254317.jpg

Anyway I am happy to have it done. ;)

What did you paint the exhaust manifold with ?   It looks super !

Jeff - Thank you :) I use Model Master Enamel Military Brown with an airbrush for the base. Sometimes I will follow up very lightly using a drybrush of tan.

Thanks for the info.  So the airbrush must be an important part of getting that finish ?  i.e.  otherwise you could have just brushed it on, but I'm assuming spraying thru the airbrush is part of the trick ?