Model Cars Magazine Forum

Man This Car Is Totaly Boss

Lownslow

Well, I can say the paint looks great.

Donk, Donk'in? (new phrase?)

Great, Now I can't do that to mine. :)

I have yet to see one up close and personnel.

I'd say interesting non the less..

Is that the Limo Version? (Side pics?)

lol i havent started on the paint. i call them highriders if they dont fit the Donk,box or bubble marquee but people that dont know anything about the scene automatically associate any lifted car with 20+" wheels as a donk its very annoying. this type of lift has a name called the "dade lift".

nope not the limo didnt even know they made one

gotcha :blink:

hate donks find yourself elsewhere ;)

so far i got the suspension half done im thinking of going wild with the paintjob as this will be used as advertisement at my hobby shop

20080321002.jpg

20080321001.jpg

:blink: Not sure that I understand the whole "donk" thing. I'm all for anything that folks enjoy but... What is the purpose? :)

Not trying to be a wise guy, just wondering. I have yet to see anything like this in a 1:1. Do they exist?

:( Not sure that I understand the whole "donk" thing. I'm all for anything that folks enjoy but... What is the purpose? ;)

Not trying to be a wise guy, just wondering. I have yet to see anything like this in a 1:1. Do they exist?

Unfortunately, yes they do. ;)

Yeah, but can you pull up to the drive-in window at DONKin' Donuts? Looks cool, where do you stash the step ladder so you can get out?

Bob

haha this makes me almost falling out of my seat in laughter but I like it, never saw it done to a Mercedes before, that model of Mercedes is pretty nice! :blink::blink:

It's nice too see, actually an expensive car with those wheels, not some junker piece of ###### that looks like a retarded monster truck. :rolleyes:

It's nice, I like it. ;)

its gonna be sad when its done cause itll be headed to the hobby shop to show it off for a few weeks. hes had a few customers asking if he did any custom work and he knew i did it so in favor ill build him a few customs and score freebies.

its gonna be sad when its done cause itll be headed to the hobby shop to show it off for a few weeks. hes had a few customers asking if he did any custom work and he knew i did it so in favor ill build him a few customs and score freebies.

hey man, you get some freebies for making this thing. ;)

whats the purpose of having big ass drag slicks and a big ass motor to go down a 1/4 mile track in a few seconds,,,that you cant even drive on the road?? :mellow:

THAT is funny! :unsure:

whats the purpose of having big ass drag slicks and a big ass motor to go down a 1/4 mile track in a few seconds,,,that you cant even drive on the road?? :lol:

to go fast! duh! ;) I think people need to stop dissing everyone else's hobbies or personal preferences of cars and start enthusing each other to keep doing what they are doing. Heck atleast theyre interested in cars instead of something useless! that was nothing personal towards you moparkid, but i just thought id say that since im part of a drag racing family ;) but just from being on these model forums ive changed a lot of my views of different ways to do both model cars and the real thing and learned to respect what they do. but anywho enough of that, i came here to check out this car! This is the first "donk" (personally i think they need a better word...lol) that i really like, it honestly looks good like that! keep it up!

looks good dude! i'm all for a good clean looking car. it just sux when you see the millions of these on the road that look like they were painted using krylon on beaten up dented box or bubble caprices!

but ya know how it goes....one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Totally boss.......yeah, right... Looks plain stupid, like something from the early seventies, when MPC had these Mild or Wild '71 kits. The Wild version was often a highrider like these donks. And why the donk word, that sounds stupid as well.... sorry guys, maybe I'm "getting too old for this ######" like Danny Glover said in the movie Lethal Weapon....

And the so called lowriders with wheels sticking out of the wheelwells, that looks stupid too!

Totally boss.......yeah, right... Looks plain stupid, like something from the early seventies, when MPC had these Mild or Wild '71 kits. The Wild version was often a highrider like these donks. And why the donk word, that sounds stupid as well.... sorry guys, maybe I'm "getting too old for this ######" like Danny Glover said in the movie Lethal Weapon....

And the so called lowriders with wheels sticking out of the wheelwells, that looks stupid too!

you mustve not read my message entirely you have a problem with it find yourself elsewhere

SO GET THE WALKIN AND KICK ROCKS YOU GERIATRIC PUNK

looks good dude! i'm all for a good clean looking car. it just sux when you see the millions of these on the road that look like they were painted using krylon on beaten up dented box or bubble caprices!

but ya know how it goes....one mans trash is another mans treasure.

someones gotta start somewhere ive seen plenty of muscle with spraypaint colors and a few hotrods as well we alll dont have the time and money as others do

to go fast! duh! ;) I think people need to stop dissing everyone else's hobbies or personal preferences of cars and start enthusing each other to keep doing what they are doing. Heck atleast theyre interested in cars instead of something useless! that was nothing personal towards you moparkid, but i just thought id say that since im part of a drag racing family ;) but just from being on these model forums ive changed a lot of my views of different ways to do both model cars and the real thing and learned to respect what they do. but anywho enough of that, i came here to check out this car! This is the first "donk" (personally i think they need a better word...lol) that i really like, it honestly looks good like that! keep it up!

i still dont get the fun i drag racing,one WOOT down the track and your done, all that power and money for a few short blasts,you cant turn with the pizza cutter wheels on the front without worrying about em flopping in half on ya. cant drive it on the street without getting pulled over, and you cant go around corners fast, all that power wants to go stright,,,but thats just me, to each his (or her) own i guess

i still dont get the fun i drag racing,one WOOT down the track and your done, all that power and money for a few short blasts,you cant turn with the pizza cutter wheels on the front without worrying about em flopping in half on ya. cant drive it on the street without getting pulled over, and you cant go around corners fast, all that power wants to go stright,,,but thats just me, to each his (or her) own i guess

its just one of those things you have to experience yourself to fully appreciate. its just an adrenaline rush goin from point a to b in a matter of seconds. plus its full of competition and you get all different kinds of engineering from all different kinds of people. im not a big fan of top fuel dragsters of funny cars since they are all just cookie cutter cars, you see one youve seen them all... besides the ones from the 60's and 70's. from stock to totally modified people always want to go fast, thats what cars are for! and plus drag racing is better than nascar... lol

A donk is a term for a bad poker player. I guess it is also a term for coke dealer throwing his money away on a silly looking car. :lol:

:lol:

THAT my friend is the reason they invented rallying! ;) Some with 200-560hp, all wheel drive going by trees and a foot away of cliffs going 120-140 MPH! ;) Edited by Nick F40