Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell truck kit questions

AUTO HAULER- How well does this kit hold six autos? any extra bracing needed to support the weight of the models...I'am going to use six AMT snap Ford explorers...and how about replacing those softer tires with newer ones...as this is an older release of the trailer.                                                                                                                                                    

PETE & KENWORTH WRECKERS- looks like big kits...any problems with assembly...just better take it slow and easy with these...and how about the tires in these kits too... KW is the old first release and PETE is the newer release.

as always, your comments are welcome... and thanks builders....John

In regards to the wrecker models. I found them pretty straight forward to build. The wrecker in the Pete kit is very heavy,some have reinforced the frame or built something to hold it level.The KW wrecker body seemed to me to be a bit too wide,so I put that on a 1/24 Italeri truck...liked the proportions better. As for the tires....they are ok other than the front tires in the Pete are from a 1/16 scale car kit and say Goodyear GT Radial on the side wall. I enjoyed both kits.

The wrecker in the Pete kit is very heavy,some have reinforced the frame or built something to hold it level.

It's good that you mentioned that Jeff. One thing I've done whenever I've built the Can-Do/Will-Do wrecker is the glue a small piece of styrene between the back of the sleeper and the front of the wrecker body. It's relatively invisible there and it effectively makes the truck body and wrecker body one unit and helps to eliminate the sag between the sleeper and wrecker body.

Here's how a load of Mopars fit on the transporter.  The lower level has limited height on the back car. My 68 Mopars are long cars so length wise you should be good. 

I've not had any problems with the trailer supporting my cars and some of them are resin kits that weigh a little more.