Model Cars Magazine Forum

Neet Streeter Willys

drsnapper55

I'm cranking this unfinished project back up after a long absence from the bench.  It is the Polar Lights Willys kit with various parts box pieces and such.  I'm using several donor pieces from the AMT '33 Willys kit too.  Surprisingly the donor '33 interior fits almost perfectly, but I'll have to modify it some.  Comments welcome - thanks for looking and hope to post more soon.

Do those chassis parts come with kit?

Most everything in the pic is donor and scratch.  The kit does have some chassis pieces, but they are very simplified.  Here's a few more pics that might help you see what I picked out of it in the early stages:

Cartoon kit and normal kit bash?

Yep - hope to bash it up good

• 2 years later...

I'm pulling this one out of the box yet again just to try and get something finished - we'll see if it gets done this time.  I'm debating on how far to go with the chassis detail.  I decided on clear glass so I'm just going with a very simplified interior - still have a bit to go.  Here are a few progress pics.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_7287.jpg.1e75e5550347392b7429aa8c0d9d7fb5.jpgIMG_7290.jpg.a37898f1817d869904569d82d0787e4f.jpg

Edited by drsnapper55
pic remove