Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 1971 Dodge Charger R/T

AceOfSpades

Hi everybody! Just started some work on a 71 Charger. I managed to sand all the parts and put primer on all the body parts. I also painted the body, hood and chassis with Scalefinishes plum crazy purple. It was the first time I used Scalefinishes product and I'm very happy with it. There is some dust in the paint at the moment, but nothing that can't be sanded out. I'm going to wait a few days before I put some clear on it. I'm building this model for Moson model show in Hungary that will take place in the middle of april and I'm planning to build another kit :) The pictures are not the best, but you can see something :)

Regards,
Andraz

• 1 year later...

This project has been on hold for a while, but now its time to get it finished. I sanded some imperfections in the paint and sanded all the parts so they are ready for paint. I also drilled holes for wiring in the engine head. It looks like this weekend will be busy :)

Best Regards,
Andraz

Andraz you will have to cut the front chassis to get the correct wheel base. I found out that you need to cut it just where the chassis meets the floor and remove 1mm . This will bring the front wheels back so the wheels sit correctly.

Love the colour your doing well keep at it ;)