Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag tires

I recently went to the facebook page for Micro Nitro, and found that he has health issues forcing him to stop making his amazing aluminum wheels. I have found a few decent looking sleeved wheels with resin inserts, but most of the aluminum inserts I find say they arent in stock. I dont have a facebook page, so Im asking if any of you know someone else making, for sale, aluminum wheels? I have noticed a bunch of guys have fotki accounts, and some even cast and sell parts, but I really loved the machined aluminum look that Micro Nitro was making. I have scoured google, with the typical results. I make mostly drag models, that why Im asking here. And this is for a 1/24 car, but Im also interested in 1/12, 1/16, and 1/8. I like to have the wheels selected before I begin a model. To me, nothing is as important as the right wheels for a car. 

Thank you Jmaracing, for the advice on 1/24 scale slot wheels. They look great. For realism, the rears are a bit deep, with no inside rim, and the foam tire hangs over the inside, but it is on the inside, so it might not show as bad. I could also use a sleeve to finish it, and make it look more realistic. I didnt want to remove the foam tire, for fear of damaging it, and it not working on a scale wheel. The foam scale to about a 28.5" tall tire, so Im going to leave it on this project. The front fit nice and tight inside a slightly modified front runner. Sweet.