Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your advice needed for this OMNI project

great band, great album (yea, I said album) looking like a cool build. doing something similar but mine will be a pro street car. looking forward to your build.

Yes they are and us "old folks" refer to them as albums! Looking forward to your Pro Street version as well.

That looks awesome caine440! Any more pics? I am stuffing a big dual-plug hemi in mine, like the actual car. I had to bow the body out a little in the rear to fit those meats that came with the Mustang. Below is a working mock for stance. It's coming along. Thanx for your post!

omnimock4.png

hey!! watch it. I'm only 56. just getting to the prime of my life.  that is looking really cool. I am a bet old school when it comes to bodies, instead of "bowing" the body. trim the wheel wells to match the curve of the body and maybe cut down the rear axle to fit those meats in or cut any flange that stops the rear wheel from sliding over the axle. this will let the tire slide further down the axle to fit inside the body properly. absolutely love that dual plug hemi in there.

I'm 56 as well! As far as bowing, it was only for width. I did not want to alter the shape of the wheel wells. The rear end is drastically shorter already. Dremel tool is my friend. I did not want it to look too much like a funny car from the rear, so I comprimised. No one can tell the bow unless I point it out. Below is an earlier pic of the mock up rear end that fits.

20160510_140728.jpg

good job, see, opened my mouth when you knew exactly what was going on. I have a few of those chassis, maybe I will look into it. keep us posted. when I start mine, I will post up, a few too many projects ahead of it.

56, only age better is any number less than 56. you weren't born in November, where you?