Model Cars Magazine Forum

Possible Build Off

ive not put any builds down and all i have asked for is some intelligent ideas on my builds

but ive recieved some good replies and most bad........

0 replies with 87 views

thes builds i was asking for suggestions and well you can see what i got

but on could say since im tryin to take on the "big dogs" on this forum that i should at least get some good out of it

as for being emo im not even close to that hell i kicked their A@SSES for fun

Man I been reading this thread laughing all way through!

evilone, this quote above got to me the most. I went back and looked at a couple of your posts to get look at your skills.

How can you expect anyone to offer any kind of detailed critique when every image so out of focus? One can barely identify the model subject much less any details.

Taking digital photos is rocket science and with the ability to re-shoot until you get a clear image no one should ever be posting up fuzzy photos.

I would be more than happy to give you and anyone else an honest critique on any technical issues of any build (not subject matter issues) but dang I have to be able to see clearly what is in the photos. I have stated in another post that I generally do this via email and not on the message board.

BTW I am one of those “old farts†you referred to and like other have stated here, there is no way in just two months I could produce my best work especially for a “competition†quality model. Heck I need nearly two months just to complete a basic paint job doing it properly!

Here is the only thing I got that would come close to a low rider. This was a “quick build†that took about 4 or 5 months to complete. (Sorry for the repeat to those who saw this in the Under Glass section as I just posted it a few days ago).

PC120005-vi.jpg

PC120023-1-vi.jpg

ENOUGH

THIS IS A CHALLENGE NOT A DEBATE

IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS STEP UP

IF YOUR SCARED GET LOST

ITS THAT SIMPLE

Hi Kevin! I have to say that I marvel at your egotistical attitude. If you will, I'd like to tell you a little about myself. First, I am an "old fart" at 46 years of age and have already learned some hard lessons about life just like you will. I work in the field of military aircraft flight test and heavy structure modification. Employed with me are many young United States Marines, some who think they know it all or are the best of the best when it comes down to airframes. When these young guys get themselves in a nasty situation who do you think they come running to?

Bingo!!! the old guy who has been there and done that.

If you really want to see how you "stack" up, I invite you to accompany me on any given Friday night so you can shoot your loud mouth off with myself and my freinds at the bar. Semper Fi!

I can't believe I got sucked into this! I apologize to any and all that I may have offended with my comments to this young man.

so thats the problem not enough time

thats a crappy reason if you ask me

so no one has the guts to step up if i last till the end of the year ill move the deadline till then

but in layitlow.com the builders wouldnt be pitchin a hizzy fit over the time they would shut up and start building

maybe some of you guys could take a hint

Evil. Im only 15 years old and I think your just Being Mental And a Complete TOOL!!If you look n all the sites, All of the People building the Low Lows are the "Old Farts" And remember, all the hobby has been through. Its been the old guys who have saved it. Truly Ive learned so much from these older guys, And I respect each and every one of them.I think a Freindly buildoff wouldnt hurt anybody, and if this guy wants to get his butt handed too him on a silverplater. Somebody do it. Basically what hes saying is that A teenager is able to build a Led Sled or a Fat fendered Ford. Personally im sick of hearing you Running your mouth.

Evilone can't be real! This has got to be a put-on! This is too funny. If he is real he must be about 12 years old and his parents aren't monitoring his computer usage.

Dude! I challenge you to a brass era touring car build-off! See if you can handle it! Here is what I am going to build. It's a 1910 Olds Limited Touring car. Those are 42" wheels and it it has an over 700 cubic inch inline six!

Kan U handle it or are gonna hate on us brass car fiends?

Pic338-vi.jpg

Andy Martin

Old skool H8rs MCC ;):lol:

Evilone can't be real! This has got to be a put-on! This is too funny. If he is real he must be about 12 years old and his parents aren't monitoring his computer usage.

Dude! I challenge you to a brass era touring car build-off! See if you can handle it! Here is what I am going to build. It's a 1910 Olds Limited Touring car. Those are 42" wheels and it it has an over 700 cubic inch inline six!

Kan U handle it or are gonna hate on us brass car fiends?

Pic338-vi.jpg

Andy Martin

Old skool H8rs MCC :lol::angry:

hell i aint scared ill do one better a 59 impala build off im callin you out now

so what will it be huh

yo i know that they are icons of the model car world (i know biggs personally)

but i was raised to never back down to anyone

so if they want to do a build off its all good

as for a friendly build off its still on the table if there is any takers

I guess my 43 years makes me an "old guy" ,, not as old as Mark though. :P

Say Kevin ,, have you seen this post ?

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11237

Are you REALLY shure you want to go down this path ? ;)

That's all we see because THAT'S HOW YOU'RE PRESENTING YOURSELF!!! Whenever you participate in an online forum, all the rest of us have to go by are your posts. You can hardly blame others for assuming you're a smartass punk, because that's exactly the picture of yourself that you're putting out there.

And by the way, respect is never gotten by demanding it. It's gotten by earning it.

EXACTLY MY POINT!!It isn't a slang, it's just not speaking english properly. ;)

:lol:UUUUHHH................................Yes!! :angry:

This '61 Caddy...............

P5110384-vi.jpg

P5110387-vi.jpg

And this little 1/43 scale gem here............a '65 Simca Abarth...... ;)

simcaandpenny-vi.jpg

simcaengineright-vi.jpg

simcarearshot-vi.jpg

For me to get something done in a couple months is about as rare as snow on the Mexican Border though................Once in a blue moon! :P

That Abarth is sweet Bill! ;) Now Kevin, what did I tell you at the beginning, I told you this would get the best out. :o:blink:

good then let it

the whole purpose is to prove to the old folks that are running the younger people off that us young folks wont go down with out a fight

im not sayin that all old people are the same its just the slim few here that i have problems with thay are the ones im callin out

Hey everybody! Check out what I just discovered!

If you:

- click on "My Controls" up at the top of the screen,

- scroll down along the left hand side under Options and click on "Manage Ignored Users",

- add "evilone" to your ignored user list,

- come back to this thread and refresh the screen,

it suddenly gets a whole lot less "douchey" around here. It's like magic! Results are immediate and guaranteed or your money back. Go ahead and try it out... the world will suddenly seem like a nicer place.

If you:

- scroll down along the left hand side under Options and click on "Manage Ignored Users",

it suddenly gets a whole lot less "douchey" around here. It's like magic! Results are immediate and guaranteed or your money back. Go ahead and try it out... the world will suddenly seem like a nicer place.

Of course, it makes the thread a little strange, with responses to an "invisible" poster...but that's the price you pay for a little sanity... :angry:

If you:

Thank you Jeff!

I'm usually the one who finds these things but I've been so disgusted with this clutter, that I just didn't even want to hang out here at all.....

man i want to do a build off thats it if you want to run your mouths then do it in the other topic this on is a challenge

due to the out look it seems that im winning cuz i actually have pics up

let's just hope there are no essay questions . . .

(i really feel cheap, now!)

but seriously, Kevin. if i may call you "Kevin". these 2 (you Know the other one) threads reminds me of a story .....

" once upon a time there was a Bull and a Calf (little bull? bullette?) anyway, sitting on top of a hill watching a whole herd of Cows graze in the pasture below.

being healthy and young, the Calf says: 'let's run right down there and make love to one o' them Cows!'

to which the old Bull responds: 'let's walk down, and make love to them ALL.'"

well, you may wonder why i bring up this rather obtuse reference. or not. but i'll share with you this: i don't think anyone will put you down unless you allow them. standing up for yourself is an admirable quality and will take you far in life.

but, and we have all experienced the effervescence of youth, it is in your delivery that i believe is causing folks to take umbrage. we're all on this forum because of a common interest. give people a break and they'll most likely reciprocate.

if someone finds something negative to say about your model, take it from where it comes. it could even be a valid criticism but if it is delivered harshly you may not be receptive to the words.

think about it.

and don't go drinking with any Marines. that's not necessarily positive role modeling.

What makes a car a lowrider? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or nothing. Why i'm asking is because the 56 Chevy I built has never ben kept in the class I enter it in other then the GSL. Its ben moved to other classes, and yes one of them was lowrider is it because i tucked the big rims up under it and the flashy paint job?

heres a pic of a lowrider of a 56 belair

lrmp_0804_01_z1956_chevrolet_bel_ai.jpg

that my friends is a lowrider

That is really not the answer I was looking for. What makes it a lowrider? If I could upload more then 912bytes for photo I would show you the car I'm talking about or can some one upload it for him. I know a lot of the west coast and also Gregg has a photo of the 56 Chevy from GSL.