Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gundam Gusion Rebake (OOB) Cop-out or all's well?

If there’s one thing that I seem to have a real weakness for (other than obscure planes and loser cars) its robots. I love robots, and grew up with them. Thus, whenever I get a chance to take a look at some shiny new plastic that builds into some kind of awesome giant robot, I normally take it.

Of course, Gundam is the best source for new robot kits in the greatest variety and quantity. When the new series, Iron Blooded Orphans was announced, I have to admit I wasn’t too turned on by the looks of some of the mecha. However, that didn’t stop me from scooping up a couple at the local anime store when I saw a couple that did turn my crank!

One of the first ones I got was the oddly-named “Gushion Rebake”. I didn’t know anything about it at the time, but it had a different colour scheme from a conventional Gundam, and it had both a big gun and a pretty mean-looking overall countenance. Having seen the show now, I am very glad I got it, because it’s even cooler there than in kit form!

Check out my out of box review on this kit. However, just be warned that unlike a lot of new Gundam kits, this one is really tailored more to true modellers than those who just want to assemble the pieces.

Don’t forget to vote in the poll at the end of the review, too!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/bandai-1144-gusion-rebake-oob/

Gushion Rebake (OOB) 001.JPG

I have just bought myself a couple of gundam kits as i also grew up loving robots. I have no clue about what they are or anything about them apart from the fact that they look cool ! I have seen a few built up and have fancied building them for a while.

Nice!

I think that you'll enjoy it. They're, at first glance, not like building cars at all. However, if you're a customizer, then you know the fun of just letting your imagination go crazy with a kit. Gundams really lend themselves well to that. After all, they're sci-fi, so no one can say they're wrong!

I hope you enjoy the experience, and let me know what you think! If you've got any questions, I'm happy to try and help out!

The kits arrived yesterday and after a quick look inside the box i am blown away, they look amazing. I haven't been this excited to start a build in ages, thanks for the offer i'll be sure to let you know how i get on. I might even do my first work in progress with one of them. These are the kits i got.

13417496_10153437197947127_7677601347630