Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Mustang GT - My Car

FordGuy1984

Hey guys, I decided to build a model of my car, its a 2012 Mustang GT which makes it a little bit of a paint since they made a model of the 2010 Mustang and of the 2014. The 2010 is the same body as my car but it has a 4.6L, the Coyote 5.0 came out in 2011 so I had to buy both of the kits to make my car. 

Here are a couple of pictures of my car, don't mind it being dirty.

57c484d73d37f_11_front.thumb.JPG.f576de757c484d89e20f_11_rear.thumb.JPG.ffdc0dbc

Notable things I have done so far, had to cut out the rear wheel wells so that the wheels I am using would fit and I had to cut out some of the chassis to fit the differential with it being lowered (my 1/1 car isn't lowered yet but I have all the parts, just waiting for cooler weather). 

Wheel_tubs.thumb.JPG.3f6c3af17d7cc753de6

I made a rear seat delete and had to do some filling in the middle of the package tray, I guess the 2010 had two small humps in the package tray but my car just has one large hump. 

57c485cad5333_packageseat_delete.thumb.J

Started making the window louvers today, daunting task but hopefully they turn out okay. 

Louver.thumb.JPG.e929595fae75cf946be1f56

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, took me a while due to moving my modeling station to a different room and some home improvement projects and just life stuff. But I have managed to get the interior done. 

Here is a shot of the dash, notice the air vent to the left of the steering wheel has an nGauge tuner mounted in it. I just took an image from google, shrunk it down and glued it in. The dash is from the 2014 mustang kit because its like the dash in my car (non touch screen). 

dash

Here are the door panels with added seat belts.

door panel

Engine bay minus the firewall.

engine bay

And a couple shots of the completed interior with it flocked.

int1

int2

Edited by FordGuy1984