Model Cars Magazine Forum

Creating a decal

To really render them realistically, you need skills and an art program. They are pricey, but if you go with one of the biggies the possibilities are endless. I think the graphics industry still favors Adobe Illustrator. I have used CorelDraw since the 80's and prefer it. There are a lot of other choices, I'm sure there are less expensive ones. If you haven't done much drawing in a comp or are unfamiliar with graphics programs, you might be able to Photoshop some of it from photos or dealer brochures or the web. Look for straight on shots of the headlights and such. Then you need a printer and the decal paper.

Kinko's has the major graphics programs on their in-house rental comps, also a little pricey, if you don't know anyone set up to do this stuff. You can also print your stuff there. Check with the aftermarket decal companies first, if you haven't already.

Edited by samdiego

Sam - thank you very much for the reply... but, unfortunately, I have no experience as indicated. I guess I will try some of the after market places... I may even try to SCAN the pieces and see what I come up with.

Again, thanks for the reply and advice!

DrewC