Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 512bb Ferrari

ERIK88

So this is my newest build, I got it for free from my brother. This is a curbside model, very few parts count. Have any of you guys built one of these before? Did you encounter issues with the gaps in the hood? The manual Reccomends to live the hood open, something tells me monogram knew of this problem haha. I usually don't like leaving the hoods open on my models, but I guess I will have to on this one 

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

Oh and this car will be painted Ferrari red , with the black bottom 2 tone. The interior will be tan. It will pretty much be just like it's real counterpart, besides the color of the rims. I don't like how the chrome or aluminum wheels look on the real 1:1 , so I decided to paint the wheels black. It gives it a more sinister look to it! 

You should workout fit problems before painting. The hinge geometry probably needs some work and some palstic needs added to make it fit. If you are painting it red you should a primer or base coat of white. The red will look much brighter and better.

You should workout fit problems before painting. The hinge geometry probably needs some work and some palstic needs added to make it fit. If you are painting it red you should a primer or base coat of white. The red will look much brighter and better.

than

thanks for the tips, I do plan on doing a second BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH of primer (white) . :) 

Edited by ERIK88
Erik