Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Pontiac Ventura

rv1963

Hi guys been a long time since I posted a car build, here we go with a 1972 Pontiac Ventura. The first pic is of the Jimmy Fintstone resin body in it's raw state nothing done to it yet. The second pic is the engine as you can see I used several different kits to assemble it so far, the block, heads and oil pan are from the old 1969 firebird, the intake and fuel pump are from the newer Revell 68 firebird and the water pump and timing cover are from the 79 trans am kit. I would have liked to use the entire Revell engine but all I had were a few parts. Should be an interesting build, all comments welcome.

Hi all time for an update. The first pics shows the engine with a fresh coat of paint and a few details added along with the automatic trans, in the second pic I cleaned up most of the flash from the body, I think it cleaned up pretty good.

The third pic shows that the hood was warped, I tried the hot water method several times but it didn't work for me, the fourth pic shows how much better the hood looks after I straighten it. The hood will still need some work an the engine details are just started. All comments welcome.