Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti Chiron 1:24 Maisto surprised me

caapa

Did you see the Bugatti Chiron 1:24 Maisto Special Edition on Internet or in a toyshop on the shelves ?

Or did you hold one in hand and opened the doors ?

Only the doors ! And you can see a little detail of the engine through the rear window.  The lid is a separate part but don`t move !

I`m a curious man and I dismanteled the car in a moment to see which details of engine are remaining hidden. Well there are some ones alas not very many.

BUT  . . . the great suprise: the lid is manufactured with hinges to open ! It seemed later they changed their mind and made two little pieces of border on the lid to hinder from open it.

OK . . . that`s not a great thing to remove them.

BUT (again) . . . they are precise engineers at Maisto and made a border on the hinged side of lid in full width too ! That one to remove is a rather challenging work.

Finally I could open the lid and tought I shall detail the engine and ready !

BUT  . . . there are a lot of beautifull casted details and they are excaliming for some paint and chrome. And some little parts are missing: the foot rest, a piece of carpet before the pedals, the upholstery of the ceiling, the sunshade on it, the attractive arch with leds and the mirror of the inside mirror. The two holes on the back of the seets were missing too but they were marked on the back side so they needed to be opened only.

I enjoyed very much to do all these detailings but the end result don`t show very much from them.

I wish a lot of patience for everybody who want to open the lid same way. He shall need it !

I would be happy to hear any suggestions or criticism – I know what I made isn`t perfect.

DSCN03151.jpg

DSCN03171.jpg

DSCN03141.jpg

DSCN03111.jpg

DSCN03081.jpg

DSCN03321.jpg

DSCN03301.jpg

DSCN03311.jpg

DSCN03251.jpg

DSCN03241.jpg