Model Cars Magazine Forum

casting process

so how does the process work?

lets say you make something that is so cool that it catches the eye of a noted caster.

does the originator get anything for his efforts?

like multiple duplicate parts, percentage kickback?

their work immortalized, etc.

just curious.

It depends on the deal you wprk out first  some will cast them and send it to you then you sell them for what you feel the price it will get some will mold and cast them and sell them and send to you the agreed part that is yours  we have some sent up both ways it depends on what it is and how well they feelit will sell there is a lot of time and work to get it ready to cast. A good master maker understands and knows how to make it truly  mold ready.I see stuff they say is mold read and a month of work later it might be the quality of the master makes a big difference on how good the part turns out . Good luck I hop e this helps awnser some of your questions.  

Like Rocky said. You and the caster in question need to agree on a reimbursement that you are comfortable with. When I was doing master work for R&R we worked out numerous ways to cover my time. Cash and parts was one way and he did some one-off stuff for me as well. Just depends on what you need/want.

And, like Rocky also said, if the "master" needs a lot of work the caster will be less likely to offer a lot. I fixed a lot of stuff Ray got in from other folks that was "casting ready" in their minds...

Mark