Model Cars Magazine Forum

Allison Chevelle

Modellpularn

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I posted something here. Guess it can fall into the slot section, since it is a slot car. Also I wanted to test the photo medium. no need to use photobucket. This is sort of a mocked up assembly, as the body was being glued to the chassis mounts. I wanted to build a Bobby Allison car, and liked the reissued Pepsi Chevelle. I met him a long time ago when we lived in San Diego. The race at Riverside was a few weeks away, and on my favorite radio station at the time, a message came on: "If you want to get tickets to the race at Riverside, and meet Bobby Allison, go to Drew Ford" I think that was the place, but it was weird since he raced a Monte Carlo... Anyway, we went out there, and I got to meet the man! Must have seemed like a shy kid to him. A few years later AMT released the Allison Monte Carlo, and I built it.

This Chevelle might not be totally correct, but I built it anyway. I had decals to make three cars, and decided to do the Chevelle. It needs to have gold slot mags, will fix that in a near future. We have a race May 20th, have to get it done by then. Have run it with black wheels at two races.

IMG_0015.JPG

001.JPG

20161010_232608.jpeg

IMG_2325.JPG

Edited by Modellpularn

• 2 weeks later...