Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Fast and the Furious '70 Charger WIP

marv13

New to this, although this is my second serious build, I would love some opinions and if anyone has any reference pictures for the engine please share!  Also who knows what the K&N product is in the red circle in the movie pic (pic Mooneyham_Hemi.thumb.jpg.bb8f2cd98bee2fcfrom wikia) 

Thank you

DSCN3025.thumb.JPG.b5e796c3ec939dc0acb08DSCN3031.thumb.JPG.d256d3e3417fb3406884eDSCN3022.thumb.JPG.a129fbf0083d890efe2dbDSCN3020.thumb.JPG.fa19884f110857fc84eb9DSCN3029.thumb.JPG.402129b1f1eb01ee84d18DSCN3027.thumb.JPG.e466925cb77c87d92c82eDSCN3023.thumb.JPG.18805a86e17044c960454

DSCN3016.JPG

DSCN3018.JPG

DSCN3019.JPG

DSCN3021.JPG

DSCN3024.JPG

DSCN3030.JPG

Edited by marv13
forgot picture

The garage Charger is widely known as a mock up.  Look at the spark plug wires they run to the rear where as they should run to the front and even in this low angle shot you should be able to see the top of the distributor that leans to the right (looking head on).  So either the engine was installed backwards, with the blower flipped, OR the distributor is removed and wires routed neatly rearward for close up shots for a cleaner look.

The garage Charger is widely known as a mock up.  Look at the spark plug wires they run to the rear where as they should run to the front and even in this low angle shot you should be able to see the top of the distributor that leans to the right (looking head on).  So either the engine was installed backwards, with the blower flipped, OR the distributor is removed and wires routed neatly rearward for close up shots for a cleaner look.

I know it's a mock up but since the distrubutor wires go towards the back, this is an early model Hemi like a 331 or 392, the blower is a Mooneyham 8-71 or bigger.  

Nice, there was an article in Mopar Muscle on this car a few years back, the Charger was actually Chevy powered, the garage shots with the Hemi were purely cosmetic 

Actually some Chargers were mopar powered

Looks like you have a great project on the go there. Just last week I saw one of the Fast and the Furious Chargers at an auction at Carlisle PA, it was an impressive machine. The part you were asking about in the picture, I think it is one of these:

https://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=62-1400

GL with your project.

THANK YOU soooooo much!!!! i was going nuts trying to find this!

• 5 months later...

I need your help modelers, for those of you who  have seen it right before the Hemi in the Charger blows a piston we see a gauge panel with 4 gauges and some lights and switches, my question is, is it located on the lower part of the dash or at the same level as the rest of the gauges? Classic Customs did a restoration on one of the hero cars and I'm pretty sure that that car has the right set up I will put pictures below of what I'm talking about and if anyone saw this car at a car show and has interior shots please share!  I've already seen the interior from the wrecked stunt car.  

download.jpg

e5b1780747b1f5f14b07963985f54044.jpg

f51fab40efc069f1728f4003c31117ee.jpg

guaage.png

guage1.png

• 2 weeks later...

thank you  for the replies, can anyone help me, i would need interior reference shot for the Fast and the Furious 1 70 charger interior, the car im looking for is not the wrecked hero car but a car that was used for closeups, one that shows the gauge panel.  

guage1.png

download.jpg

it was at the volo classic  car museum if anyone has interior shorts it would be appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...