Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jake King Thunderbolt , wheels source ?

I think this might be the best  place to ask this , but here goes.

Anyone know of a source for the wheels on this , Fronts and rears ? The fronts have an smaller / odd looking hole in them compared to the rears  . And they must be 1/25th scale

Image result for jake king thunderbolt

JakeKing.jpg

JakeKing-AtwaterFord.jpg

The only thing close that I know of and might do the trick are the ' Astro'  chrome wheels in the newer Round2 MPC 60 Corvette kit....you may have to open up the openings a touch for the look you want on the rears. I will look thru my other rim's to see what I have, but nothing except  what I mentioned above comes to mind.....the Ace....B)

I think this might be the best  place to ask this , but here goes.

Anyone know of a source for the wheels on this , Fronts and rears ? The fronts have an smaller / odd looking hole in them compared to the rears  . And they must be 1/25th scale

Image result for jake king thunderbolt

JakeKing.jpg

JakeKing-AtwaterFord.jpg

My stash of wheel's  hasn't anything exactly as pictured, but as mentioned prior the MPC 60 Vette  Astro's are about as close to a match that I can come up with.....the Ace...^_^

I'm working on the  AMT 65 Riviera right now and that kit comes with Ansen-looking 5 slots that would easily pass for the rear wheels on the Thunderbolt--although I don't think the offset  would be right. The front wheels on the Thunderbolt look like the slots are smaller than the rears, so you would have to find a matching set with smaller slots. The offset on the T-Bolt fronts looks like a match for the Riv wheels I'd offer you mine but I have already stripped the chrome, removed the receivers for the wire axles and sanded the rim flanges from 2 for widening. 

amt-1965-buick-riviera-model-car-mountain-kit-fs-1-25-10a3dce8577af9706ae11fd396bf9f85.jpg

Ive got the rears covered I think.

its mainly the fronts I need .  Not sure I want to buy a whole vette kit just for 2 wheels ( not a vette fan )

I'll have to look around my parts kits  and see if there's something close enough I can get away with.

Anyone happen to know if the sock it to me kit has them in it by chance ?  ( I think I have one as a parts kit , so thought I would ask before I dig it out this weekend )

Edited by gtx6970

Ive got the rears covered I think.

its mainly the fronts I need .  Not sure I want to buy a whole vette kit just for 2 wheels ( not a vette fan )

I'll have to look around my parts kits  and see if there's something close enough I can get away with.

Anyone happen to know if the sock it to me kit has them in it by chance ?  ( I think I have one as a parts kit , so thought I would ask before I dig it out this weekend )

...the Sock it to Me has an Ansen or another brand that have a textured center, not really right for you. If you check out the wheels in the new or  old issue  of the MPC 60 Vette, and find they will do, I can send you a pair,,, no need to waste bread on a kit....let me know...the Ace...;)//// should even be a kit review here about the said Vette kit...

Edited by AC Norton
text

AMT Silhouette for the rear*, Round2 Parts Pack Gasser wheels for the fronts (4 lug wheels from Ohio George Willys reworked to 5-lug). 

Who does decals for this car? I like it. 

*pretty sure the Silhouette and 65 Riv have the same wheels, Buick wires and <s>Ansen</s> Astro slots)

Gasser Parts Pack wheels:

IMG_0505.JPG

Edited by Brett Barrow

AMT Silouette for the rear, Round2 Parts Pack Gasser wheels for the fronts (4 lug wheels from Ohio George Willys reworked to 5-lug) 

.....I think Fred Cady did them way back originally.....but I also believe other decal printer's made set's some year's back as I recall.... the Ace....;)

AMT Silhouette for the rear*, Round2 Parts Pack Gasser wheels for the fronts (4 lug wheels from Ohio George Willys reworked to 5-lug). 

*pretty sure the Silhouette and 65 Riv have the same wheels, Buick wires and <s>Ansen</s> Astro slots)

Gasser Parts Pack wheels:

IMG_0505.JPG

I'll look for these at my local hobby shop. He carries the parts pack kit stuff . The 2 front wheels are close enough in my book and I get a nice set of blue stripe slicks to boot.

Not sure who originally made the decals . This is a client build and he already has the decals for the car ( no idea  where he got them )

They're on ebay ,,,but beware of pirated copies from Virginia

Edited by gtx6970