Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Ford Dogdish

Do anyone know where I can find 1963 Ford poverty "dogdish" hubcaps??
1964 and 1966-67 has been done but I haven't seen the 63 set anywhere.
I have a set of these on my 63½ Galaxie 500 XL Fastback and I need a set in 1:25th scale to be able to do a model of my car.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Force

• 1 year later...

To my knowledge, no one has ever made a '63 hub cap.  As a side note, all XLs from 1962 through 1968 came factory with XL wheel covers.  By 1969, Ford trashed the XL by making a six cylinder, hub caps, b/s/w tires and bench seat standard equipment.  Some "Extra Lively!" performance car that turned out to be...  Hope this helps.

Since about three years I own a 63½ Galaxie 500 XL so I do have some knowledge about them.
All wheels was 14 inch and you could get either the regular wheel cover...these were also available without the spinner.

64003663-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Or the optional wire cover

Bildresultat för 1963 ford hub cap

This is also a style of wheel cover used on 63 Galaxies but I don't know if it was available on XL's.

1963 Ford Galaxie 500

My car was delivered from the factory with the wire caps...but I have 7X15 and 8X15 wheels with the poverty caps on it now as I like the look, that's why I'm looking for them so I can do a model of my car.
Here is a new picture as the one in my first post disappeared...this is my car by the way.

IMG_2401b.jpg.3700066c17a5cd13cc071ae13a8a79ba.jpg

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:52 AM, luvzoldmopars said:

To my knowledge, no one has ever made a '63 hub cap.  As a side note, all XLs from 1962 through 1968 came factory with XL wheel covers.  By 1969, Ford trashed the XL by making a six cylinder, hub caps, b/s/w tires and bench seat standard equipment.  Some "Extra Lively!" performance car that turned out to be...  Hope this helps.

For 1963, 14" wire wheel covers were optional on all Ford 300/Galaxie 500/Galaxie 500/XL/station wagon models.  Hub caps were standard on all except XL models.  Spinners were standard equipment on XL, including XL Squire, models.  Non-spinners were optional on everything but XL.  I know... it's a muddy subject, but I hope this helps clear it up.